Spring/Summer

Monday, July 20, 2009

July 12 - July 18, 2009

This week was busy. We started our journey back to Vegas, where Colton did awesome yet again. Once home we had to readjust to not being in a car for 10 hours a day...not too hard. We had such a great time and look forward to a road trip to the west coast next summer :).

"Mom, do you really need to take another picture of me?!"
7-12-09


We stopped in Norman, OK the first night on our way home. Unfortunately Grandma Barb came down with strep throat and didn't want any of us to catch it so we didn't get to visit with her. Grandpa Dave met us for lunch the next day before we left. He couldn't get over how big Colton had gotten since last seeing him when he was a week old.
7-13-09


Colton came to love his car seat....it became another appendage of his since he was in it for up to 13 hours a day. Thankfully, Colton didn't mind it.
7-14-09


Colton's first night in his crib. When we returned home, I quickly realized that he was getting too big for his bassinet in our room. To my dismay, I reluctantly put him in his crib on Wednesday night. He slept much better than I did as I kept waking up to check the video monitor to see him sleeping soundly.
7-15-09

Gorgeous blue eyes!
7-16-09


Colton having fun on the scale at his pediatrician's office. He weighed 12 lbs 4 oz. and was 24 inches long. He's proving to be long and skinny. Shortly after this picture Colton received his first round of immunization shots. I think it was harder on me than on him. I cried right along with him, but he stopped before I did. I told Eric he has to come with me for the next shots. Who would've thought I would hurt just as much as he would and I wasn't the one getting the shots!
7-17-09


Watching all the pretty lights on over 10 televisions at dinner.
7-18-09

2 comments:

  1. Yay...Susie. I am so glad you started a blog! We just drove through Oklahoma to get to Texas! When were you there exactly? I will be so bummed if we were that close to each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were there on July 12 and left the next day. How funny it would be if we were in the same state at the same time!

    ReplyDelete