Spring/Summer

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Organization Playroom, 2014

I had been wanting to re-do/re-organized the kids playroom for a long time.  I searched and searched for ideas of how to do this and what colors I wanted to incorporate.  I finally found the perfect organization system at Pottery Barn Kids and which colors I wanted to use.  Enjoy!


The PBK boxes arrived!


The before pictures.  


I was lucky to sell a bunch of the old furniture and toys on a local site, which helped with the costs of buying the new furniture.


The PBK system all put together.  Now for the fun part of getting all the toys organized and put into baskets.



I got rid of the old black stand and bought this shelving unit at Target.  In order to hide the TV cords, I had one of my favorite pictures of the kids turned into a canvas print and placed it over the cords. I added some pop of color with teal and coral blankets and teal lamp, picture frame and candle.



I repurposed Kinley's old book case to put picture books and some of Kinley's Disney castles on.  The baskets hold all of the items that go in the castles.


I changed out the valance for a brown one and added the prints with the pops of color on the wall.  I wanted to make sure and have a window seat for the kids to be able and look out the window, which they often did when their toy box was there. 


Along with the baskets and liners, I bought chalk board labels to write which toys are in the basket.  I learned quickly that chalk wouldn't do as it was easily smudged.  I purchased a paint pen and used it with great success.


I found the great basket on the right at Target for half off.  It hold some of the kids bigger stuffed animals.


I bought the brown pillows at Target and the multicolor pillow at Home Goods.  The pull out drawers have cars/trains/airplanes in one and miscellaneous larger toys (Hulk hands, play guitar, etc) in the other.  I also changed out the drawer knobs for some copper brown ones to pull it all together.


I kept the small table and kitchen but put Colton's train table in his room.  I have a feeling that he is about finished playing with it and will probably be selling it sometime with summer if he's okay with it.
I also got the kids nice PBK chairs with their names on it but forgot to take a picture of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment