Spring/Summer

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Annual College Roommate Reunion

It was that time of year for my college roommates and I to get together for a girls weekend!  I can't express how fortunate I am to have had five incredible roommates that I lived with during my college years.  We even discussed how none of us hated or was annoyed by each other over the course of our time together.  I definitely hit the roommie jackpot.  Enjoy!


Each year we travel somewhere else for the reunion.  Last year it was St. George, where Louise lives.  This year was Park City, not to far from Rashelle, Katy, Michelle or Bree.  Next year will be Vegas baby!!  Because our weekend fell on the week that my family was in St. George, I grabbed a short (45 min) flight out of the tiny airport there.  I was early and this is what happens in a small airport.  No one working until right before the flight leaves.


If you know me at all, you know that I HATE to fly!!  I have horrible motion sickness and have thrown up on more plane rides that I care to count so when I saw this tiny puddle jumper I was praying that it would be a smooth ride.  Luckily, it was!


We stayed at the gorgeous Marriott Mountainside Villas.  Our "villa" was complete with enough beds for everyone to have their own, a full kitchen, living room and two bathrooms.  We absolutely loved the hotel and would definitely love to take the kids sometime as it was also very child oriented.



The view from my room.  If we stayed here in the winter, you could literally ski right off the mountain and into the hotel, we were that close.  The Alpine Slide was just a short walk from here as well.


It was rainy at times and cooler than I ever see in the summer, mid 70's.  There were firepits outside to warm up by and you could even get a smores package for $1 from the hotel and make some.


Michelle, Louise, Rashelle and me inside the parking garage.  Katy met us for dinner and Bree was unable to come this year. 


Playing "golf"  late one night....lots of talking, laughing, catching up and reminiscing happens on these trips.


Rashelle, Katy and myself at dinner on Main St.


What a great weekend we had reconnecting.  I know that I can always count on these ladies if needed.  Can't wait until next year in Vegas.....I have some fun things planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment