Spring/Summer

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Silly Colton

We got a new camera, Cannon Rebel EOS and boy is it nice. I am still getting use to taking pictures with it and hope to get better each time I take pictures.


It's been a while since I've updated everyone on how big Colton is getting. Colton is now 23 months (boy how time flies) and his little personality is such a cute one. He is very sweet and even tempered (for the most part) and I must say polite little boy. He constantly says "Please," "thank you," and "sorry" when necessary. Colton's hair has started to come in and it is a dark red, almost auburn in color. With his piercing blue eyes and fair skin, he gets compliments wherever we go from strangers...."what a handsome little boy...love the red hair!" Daddy keeps thinking that it will get lighter in color, and maybe it will, but for now he wears it well and reminds me of my mom, Grandma Marsha, who passed away 12 years ago. She had beautiful red hair the color of Colton's. It's like Grandma Marsha wanted to put her stamp on our special little boy. He is now over 36 inches high and weighs nearly 33 pounds! He is wearing all 3T clothes and a size 6 diaper. I hope to get him potty trained this summer as he seems interested in it now, plus it will be nice not to have two kiddos in diapers at the same time! Colton has a huge vocabulary and speaks in sentences most of the time. He can also name most of his colors and count to five. Colton knows all of the words to "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and loves to sing it with Mommy. His new favorite song is "Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" and says the last part, "And the Dr. said, "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!" in a deep voice (too funny)! Colton still loves to watch the Sprout channel and his favorite show is Calliou, which he will sit for the entire time and watch. His new favorite show is Bubble Guppies on Nickelodeon. Colton is a loving child who freely gives "loves" (hugs) to whoever wants one and laughs at the silliest things. Eric and I are very blessed to have such a wonderful, content little boy who will be a wonderful older brother to his new sister Kinley, who he refers to either "baby" or "KK".

Colton and his big blue eyes. He seems to chew and play more with his binkies than suck on them.


Colton got into my makeup one day and if you look closely he has eyeliner on his face. This is how I found him....with the look of guilt on his face.


This was in early March, the first really nice day that we had. Colton couldn't wait to get outside.


Trying to see the dog next door that was barking.


Again, a guilty look on his face. I had left him for a few seconds so that I could use the bathroom. When I came back, he had climbed on top of the island and poured the syrup on the newspaper, emptying nearly the whole bottle.


A closer look at the damage. This boy loves to take the lids, caps, tops off of things and pour out whatever is inside.


It's hard to be mad at this kid....just look at that face.


I can't express how much Colt loves his time at Gymboree. Now that I'm home we try to go twice a week, he would go daily if he could.


Happy, happy boy! Love the tongue hanging out!


One of his favorite things....the slide...weeee!


I love this picture. Why you might ask? Take a look and you will see that Colton has stopped what he was doing and is one of the only kids paying attention to the teacher, Miss Jessica. With all of the energy that Colton has, he can still stop and listen to the teacher.


This is Colton's "Oh Mom, not another picture!"


This is one of Colton's favorite things at Gymboree....getting stamps of Gymbo on his hands and feet.


I made the mistake of leaving the drivers side door open when I got Colton out of his car seat. Colton quickly climbed up and started to hit all of the gadgets and buttons.


You can see the joy on his face and he plays in Daddy's car.


Colton decided to get into his toy box and promptly take every single toy out of it.


Once that was done, he was out of there!


Another silly side to Colton. Hmmm, lets see if I can stick two binkies in my mouth at the same time! Yup, no problem!


Happy St. Patrick's Day! Silly Colton just couldn't stop laughing as I was taking his picture.


After breakfast one morning, Colton promptly got a book and took a seat on the couch.


Once he noticed that I had noticed, he started to be silly and flipped around and put his head down.


He was having fun with me and started laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment